Friday 18 January 2013

Time for a bit of decorating

Wilkinsons 75cl sample pots really are a bargain at £1 each!



 While I'm waiting for my Kestrel kits to arrive I thought I may as well get on with a bit of paintwork and scenery colouring, I've painted a line of grey along the side of the track as a base for the ballasting, glued down some thin cardboard which will bring the station platforms up to the correct height....


.......and I've started to paint the polystyrene 'fields' and 'hills' green with a covering of Javis scatter material to add texture.....wait for the paint to dry then spray on a decent amount of scenic cement to stop all the scatter from falling off.


    I used a bit of sellotape to mask off the areas which will be pathways or have buildings on them, I just need to paint the edges in a muddy brown colour, paint the paths/building areas then add some trees and shrubbery.

No comments:

Post a Comment