Monday 21 January 2013

Don't fence me in.

I need a fair amount of wire fencing for my layout, it is available on ebay but it's not cheap so I decided to make my own.

 I got some of this




                                             http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120985997111


and some cocktail sticks which I cut in half and painted grey.....

 
 
 
My original plan was to attach the 'posts' to the fencing with twisted wire but I quickly found it was very time consuming and not very effective so I used the modellers answer to everything...PVA glue....and I ended up with these.....

 
 
 
which are perfect for my needs and work out at around 15p per 8" strip which is considerably cheaper than the £1.75 per 9" strip on Ebay!! If you turn the mesh sheet sideways you can make bits of fence up to 12" long, it bends easily,  retains it's shape and it looks like this in situ....

No comments:

Post a Comment