Tuesday 29 January 2013

Building work in progress

My Kestrel kits arrived.....


So I could start to plan out the rest of the layout

   I've opted for a 'modular' system of dioramas with gaps between them for a road and pathway system, the latest section is a small row of bungalows with a park at the end.....


  .....it still needs a bit of finishing off and some extra scenery/fencing adding but it's looking good so far(even if I do say so myself!). I've cut out the polystyrene sections for the next 2 parts which will be utilising Kestrel 4 house units.....



    .........then the final sections will have shops and maybe some office buildings or industrial units depending on what is available.

I've also added the first 7 working street lights. I intend to have 16 street lights in all(they're supplied in packs of 8 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181070791329?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649  ), I got some 8 core cable from ebay which should make things a lot easier with fewer untidy wires under the board ( http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160709750546?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 ).

No comments:

Post a Comment