Friday 1 March 2013

Ballast it!

The layout is starting to look better, I've started the ballasting and added more buildings but there's plenty still to do.



The Kato ballast doesn't go far, 2 bags emptied and probably another 2 needed but it looks good and matches the track perfectly.

The Kestrel kits are still keeping me busy too....when my back isn't up to much else I can get a few kits stuck together then paint them when I have another 10 minutes to spare....the 'secret' with Kestrel kits is not to put the windows in until you've painted the walls, this saves loads of time scraping paint off the window frames.


I've also been adding to my loco collection with a class 31 in BR green and a 212 in old style BR blue.....both from different eras but as the layout isn't era specific I don't suppose it matters.


Oh and in case anyone thought I was experimenting with a 'post hurricane' look.....

 
This is actually just to hold the street lights in position while the glue dries! :0)


No comments:

Post a Comment